Wednesday, 28 December 2011

Sunhine on the sales

I hate to admit it but most of my blogs these days seem to be around work and the store I'm in...all my blogs seem to include shopping,buy,or sales. For this I probably should apologise, but in a rather sad kind of way, my life does revolve around my job in a retail store. Today the store is on a 'up to 50% off sale' which lets be honest is pretty deceptive(but lets put that aside for now) the sale being om the lower ground floor while I work in the foods department on the first floor. Well today as I was on my way to my break as I went downstairs I had my first encounter with all the lovely sale stuff. I saw all the Christmas cards on sale, the cookbooks, and the calendars notebooks and organisers...


I've had my eye on the organisers for 2012 and had been waiting for them to be a bit more reasonable in the finance department-times can be tough sometimes and your purse strings are pretty tight. So here I saw my chance and had a quick rummage through the organisers and that's where I saw this pink metallic 2012 diary. I opened it up and had a flick through the pages and realised it was what I like to call a 'proper diary' the kind you write stories and the goings on of your life, this wasn't just a '9 o'clock doctors appointment' 'call nan after work' kind
of diary.


Looking down at this diary I couldn't help but want to buy it but had that horrid feeling in the pit of my stomach, the kind you get when you watch an animal programme and deep inside you want one, but know after a couple of months you'll lose interest and never look after it. Well that's the feeling I had as I put down this beautiful diary and decided to get a 2012 planner/diary instead.


This feeling of sadness had a bit of silver lining and made me want to work that little bit harder to update my blog more often, and hope that I may get the confidence to buy the lovely diary before the new year and have it be my new years resolution to keep a diary, because I really do get the feeling that this year will be a really important turning point in my life. This are really looking up for me in the love/relationship aspect of my life, my work/career aspect of life also hopefully going somewhere this year or next since I've finally graduated university/college and family life being on a nice stable level.




I've realised that I've started rambling and seem to be going on a tangent and missing the sunshine completely. But my point today, is that sometimes the bad feelings that you get when your unsure about your ability to do something, can actually lead you to work harder so that maybe next year you will be able to do it. That there is always a silver lining in everything. You just have to look.






Lots of love


MLP

No comments:

Post a Comment