Sunday, 13 November 2011

Sunshine in universal languages


There has always been the saying that actions speak louder than words... I couldn't agree more.

When you watch a film in your own language then you can understand all the words and follow what's going on and the story is pretty clear to you.

What I realised today is that sometimes actions do speak louder than words and you can still follow the story-well just about...

Those that have followed my blog will know that my grandparents are visiting me this month and staying with me...they don't speak a word of English so when we're watching films on the telly we try and translate for them as the films goes along...but as the films goes by I realise that they are the ones that are telling us the story line which they understood from the body language and the actions of the actors
and the music in the background

Actions speak louder than words and in films you can normally tell from the visual effects the way that the camera zooms in on certain things how you can suddenly hear really tense music in the background when something bad is going to happen...films use more than just words they use all the other senses too.

I know this may not seem like my usual blog but sometimes when your explaining to your grandad yeah this is what happening in the film and he corrects you and says yeah I think he's going to be the killer...and then moments later the story line unfolds and you find out it really was that guy I was left speechless - how did he realise it before me when he can't understand the words.

It just made me smile how he was following the story better than me and how the actions are universal.



Lots of love x

MLP

No comments:

Post a Comment