Sunshine doesn't always need to be in English sometimes you can just tell from the facial expressions and the hand gestures...
After one of the numerous Asian weddings I've been to in recent years, I found myself sitting in the sitting room surrounded by those I consider my second family. As they all went along their usual post wedding story telling and family reunion chats the language slowly went from english back to speaking Bengali. Recently I've gotten accustomed to the way they talk....sitting in the sitting room I found myself naturally watching people and their expressions intently following the conversation....
It was only when my best mate points out to me why are you watching everyone it's not like you understand what they're saying....it was only then that I realised that though you don't understand the language you're still able to follow conversation...because essentially we all have similar facial expressions and hand gestures even though I didn't know the language I still knew when I was being talked about when to laugh and what was going on
Life doesn't always need to be in the and language for you to smile and know what's happening
Ps here is just a little snapshot of the henna tattoo they did for me
Hope it makes you smile
Lots of love x
MLP

No comments:
Post a Comment