The sun came out today and all I could think was
'Sunshine on the beach!!'
We all got ready in a matter of minutes packing crisps, rice cakes and a few bars of chocolate, took the cooler out from under the stairs and filled it with cans of coca cola and rammed it into the car...
Me and the family were in the car with high spirits and listening to the radio, by this point we had reached the motorway/highway/auto band.
The weather was starting to rise...so was every ones tempers so people started switching lanes the traffic jam was building up and you'd hear the occasional curses as they whizz past...
Dad kept his head clear and being the gentleman that he is decided to let this man pass and gave him way on the motorway...at the time I hadn't noticed, a little time went by and as I looked out my window I saw someone giving my car a thumbs up I instinctively smiled and with a puzzled look went 'dad...someone just given us a thumbs up how nice'
Dad replied with 'it's because I gave him way a while back'
I know this seems rather simple and not really worth smiling about, but having a guy remember your car half way down the motorway once we managed to catch up with him and for him to show his appreciation was just nice to see.
A little bit of appreciation goes a long way
Lots of love x
MLP
No comments:
Post a Comment