Saturday, 8 October 2011

Sunshine in the kitchen

Me and my big mouth have gotten me into numerous tight spots...and once again it has done it again...

My boyfriends younger brother is having his 21st birthday so I've said I would help with the cooking. Last night they called me and said that the aunt making borek won't be able to go out and buy the ingredients and make it - my big mouth steps in - I offer to make it as well as the filo rolls I'm already making...

So here I am in an awkward predicament simply because I don't know how to make borek and yet I am the one they are relying on to make it....

Thankfully this is where the internet and good friends step in.

After a quick pop round to the nearest Turkish shop to get ingredients and a short browse on the internet me and my friend have managed to make a spinach and feta cheese borek (a lighter version of a lasagna made with pastry instead of pasta), which tastes pretty good if I must say so myself...

Here's a little snap of the borek I made earlier (I sound like a Blue Peter presenter)



The sunshine in my day is my best friend stepping in to help me after my big mouth put me in a tight spot. Good friends are sometimes hard to find but when you have good friends, show them appreciation and love.

P.s. Thank you to Iffet and her blog http://myturkishkitchen.blogspot.com/2010/12/ispanakli-borek.html for the recipe...it made me smile when I googled a recipe and ended up on blogger. What a coincidence.




Lots of love x


MLP

No comments:

Post a Comment