Some say that chivalry is dead...you don't always witness it, but on the rare occasions that you do, it always makes you smile
Today was one of those days when everything seems to be going wrong...
The underground tube stations near my house were closed so I got on a bus to get to the next nearest station...when I got there that station was closed off too. I was already in a rush to meet up with someone and I was now running extremely late and beginning to get agitated-as one does in these situations-anyway...so I finally get to a train station that's working...
While I was on my bus listening to my iPod I realised that there was a father holding his baby in his arms...to my surprise no one else noticed or tried to get up. Without hesitation I got up and gave him my seat...
So here I was in a crowded bus wearing my favourite pair of heels with a water bottle in one hand, my mobile phone in the other, which is also trying to hold onto the subway rail which I can barely reach above my head....this is when it happened...A man that was sitting next to me in the train got up and gave me his seat
Chivalry isn't dead, it's still here
This simple gesture made me smile and made my day that little bit more bearable
Those that do follow me, occasionally pop in and have a read please keep in mind the difference a little bit of chivalry and kindness can make to a person and their day
Lots of love x
MLP
No comments:
Post a Comment